July 1, 2010
The Young Professionals, or YPs, is a dynamic networking program for Members of the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce who are over 21 years of age.
YP Mission: To foster both new and long-term relationships through an entertaining family oriented group while creating next generation leadership in the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce.
In other words, the YPs are the younger (or at least young at heart) Chamber members who take advantage of all the Chamber has to offer and then some.
YP events are created as networking opportunities, but their unique locations, intresting activties or informative seminars are an added bonus. Some of the events have included (but this not nearly all of them):
- Golf Lessons at Bay Oaks Country Club
- A NASA Tour
- “No Experience Necessary” Bowling Tournament
- Professionalism Seminar (“Professionalism and it’s Impact on YOUR Career”)
- Wellness Seminar at Neogenesis Wellness Center & Medical Spa
- Martini Madness at The Davenport Lounge
- YP meetings
- YP “Night Out” events
The YPs belong to a Chamber member company/business/organization and are regular Chamber members, they just participate in the YP program to enhance their membership benefits and have fun while doing so.
For more information, find the YPs on Facebook or e-mail Febe Prado, the CLACC Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CLACC office at 281-488-7676 and get in on the fun!
June 24, 2010
The Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce could not exist without all of our wonderful members. We want you and your business to become part of us and take full advantage of the countless professional learning and growth opportunities by attending, and even volunteering to help at meetings, conferences and events.
Members have the opportunity to attend Chamber lunches, speed networking and business after hours to discover how you can work together with other Chamber members to add value to your company, your community and your career. Regular events include:
- Monthly General Membership Luncheons
- Business After Hours
- Monthly Business Development Meetings
- Ribbon Cuttings, Ground Breakings and Grand Openings
- Speed Networking
CLACC Ribbon Cutting at Gay Buick Kia, June 2010
You could even sign up for a committee to help discover and showcase your talents and leadership skills all while helping your community and fellow Chamber members.
The best companies join the Chamber because they understand just what the Chamber can do for them. Did you know that…
- Out of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to work for,” 94 of those on the list, including the top 24, are members of their area Chamber.
- Consumers expect Chamber members to be better-than-average companies and are 63% more likely to buy products and services from Chamber members.
- Great employers invest in both their employees and their community. The Chamber can help do both.
So what are you waiting for? Even in the dog days of a Houston summer, CLACC has plenty of events planned to help your business succeed. Call us at 281-488-7676 or visit us on the web today for more information or to become a member. We can’t wait for you to join us!