August 2, 2010
You do not need to be a Chamber member to take part in this event!
The Clear Lake Area Chamber, in cooperation with DRDA, PLLC, CPA’s would like to invite you to…
Success NOW! – facilitated by Tina Smith owner of TT & J Associates, LLC.
Whether your focus is personal or professional, NOW is the time to fully understand your goals. This hands-on, interactive workshop will help you discover new possibilities and help you realize your dreams are within reach.
The five steps Success Now! focuses on are:
- Conceive future potential
- Identify success priorities
- Diagnose current reality
- Resolve non-congruent factors
- Create Success NOW Plan
Those who attend will leave with energy, focus and vision, as well as proven tools and techniques. This workshop provides a fun learning environment and an individual coaching assessment which will leave you confident and ready to act on your goals.
What are you waiting for? Sign-up NOW!
The workshop will take place on Aug. 31 from 8:30 a.m. to noon in the My Flooring America Boardroom in the CLACC office. The cost is $40 for Chamber members and $80 for Non-members.
Register by calling Stephanie or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss this event or you might miss out on your future!
July 29, 2010
No, Chamber 2012 is not preparing for the Mayan predicted “end of the world”.
Chamber 2012 is preparing for the future (and the landmark 50th anniversary of the Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce.)
In 2008, a committee was formed to undertake a five-year strategic planning initiative called Chamber 2012. The primary goal of 2012 is to provide the greatest value for Chamber memberships and most effectively serve the community.
The Chamber 2012 plan is maps out a plan to make Clear Lake one of the best of places to live, work and enjoy life in spite of any economic, national, or environmental challenges that may present themselves. This plan focuses on moving Clear Lake forward and increasing prosperity.
Chamber 2012 contains five core strategies in sync with the vision and mission, which guide the program of work and long-term goals. These core five are:
- Leadership & Service: The Chamber will provide leadership development training and opportunities for its staff and members while utilizing those skills and qualities on behalf of the community we serve.
- Business Growth: The Chamber will assist the business community in its full recovery efforts from Hurricane Ike and deal effectively with the economic challenges facing the nation and the Clear Lake area.
- Educational Excellence: The Chamber will support the efforts of the Clear Creek Independent School District, the University of Houston – Clear Lake, and our other higher education and professional-vocational training institutions to grow educational and workforce development opportunities and enhance standards of performance for teachers and students.
- Community Connections: The Chamber will work more collaboratively with other community organizations, municipal governments and our members to achieve our Vision and Mission.
- Quality of Life: The Chamber will promote economic prosperity consistent with fostering a quality of life making this area a prize location to work, live and enjoy the amenities of an abundant life.
The Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and its members are energized and engaged and the future of the community is bright. Bold, innovative solutions are being sought to meet any challenges and increase opportunities.
Chamber 2012 is both a roadmap to the future and a journey of discovery that will evolve over time.
July 15, 2010
Guess what? The Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce official Web site got a face life (everybody’s doing it nowadays)!
Check out all the new features and information at clearlakearea.com and please let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
While your online, follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with all the latest Chamber news and events!
June 24, 2010
The Clear Lake Area Chamber of Commerce could not exist without all of our wonderful members. We want you and your business to become part of us and take full advantage of the countless professional learning and growth opportunities by attending, and even volunteering to help at meetings, conferences and events.
Members have the opportunity to attend Chamber lunches, speed networking and business after hours to discover how you can work together with other Chamber members to add value to your company, your community and your career. Regular events include:
- Monthly General Membership Luncheons
- Business After Hours
- Monthly Business Development Meetings
- Ribbon Cuttings, Ground Breakings and Grand Openings
- Speed Networking
CLACC Ribbon Cutting at Gay Buick Kia, June 2010
You could even sign up for a committee to help discover and showcase your talents and leadership skills all while helping your community and fellow Chamber members.
The best companies join the Chamber because they understand just what the Chamber can do for them. Did you know that…
- Out of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to work for,” 94 of those on the list, including the top 24, are members of their area Chamber.
- Consumers expect Chamber members to be better-than-average companies and are 63% more likely to buy products and services from Chamber members.
- Great employers invest in both their employees and their community. The Chamber can help do both.
So what are you waiting for? Even in the dog days of a Houston summer, CLACC has plenty of events planned to help your business succeed. Call us at 281-488-7676 or visit us on the web today for more information or to become a member. We can’t wait for you to join us!